Forgive to Help You Let Go of the Past
Forgiveness is clearly a voluntary action. After someone deeply hurts us, forgiveness is something we choose to do when we are ready to move on or when the love in our hearts speaks louder than temporary hate.
In a world where being out for revenge seems to be more at hand, and appears to bring more satisfaction, they say it takes courage and strength to do it. “An eye for an eye” is a reaction to being hurt, physically or emotionally. The need for retaliation poisons our minds, and it takes hard work to finally be able to say “I forgive you.”
But maybe if we would take a break from finding the perfect plan to get revenge and thought about the benefits of forgiving others and ourselves, we would become better and happier.
Forgiveness is about letting go of the past, understanding and moving on. It’s also about taking care of your own mental health and setting yourself free. It does good to others too.
Here are some forgiveness quotes that inspire change and a healthy way of thinking.
– Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.
— Desmond Tutu
–There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.
— Bryant H. McGill
– Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
– To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
— Lewis B. Smedes
– The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
– Mahatma Gandhi
– Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours.
— Phillips Brooks
– I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.
— T. D. Jakes